Title and statement of responsibility area
BC Forest Service recordings : [radio spots, etc., 1967-1980]
General material designation
- sound recording
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Supplied title based on accession contents.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[1967-1980] [date produced] (Creation)
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
SUMMARY: This accession mainly comprises groups of radio spots produced by or for the British Columbia Department of Forests, Ministry of Forests, and Forest Service. These 30-second and 60-second spots were i;ntended to promote public awareness of forest fire prevention, forest protection and conservation in the province. Exceptions are as follows: T4252:0001 is blank; T4252:0004 is a 5-minute commentary o;n Victoria; T4252:0009 may be a partial soundtrack for a film or audio documentary outlining the history of logging in B.C.; T4252:0016 is off-air audio recording of a television interview with Forest;s Minister Tom Waterland on the "Webster!" television talk show. T4252:0017 is a demo tape for Westward Communications, featuring 12 60-second spots for a variety of sponsors; the copyright in the lat;ter probably resides with the sponsors in question.;
Immediate source of acquisition
British Columbia. Ministry of Forests. Project 87, 1983-01-21 & 1983-02-21
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Refereence cassette copies (three tapes) are available in container 000443-320.
Restrictions on access
No access restrictions apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
- Copying Restriction: Copying permitted for research and private use.
- Use Restriction: Other uses subject to copyright restriction.
- Copyright Status: Copyright Government of British Columbia.
See file for a detailed list of these tapes.
Accession number(s): T4252
File contains lyrics and copyright release for the song "Keep B.C. Green" (T4252:0002), signed by composer Clark Ross Hiles in 1966.
producing company: CHAN (Television station : Burnaby, B.C.), producing company: CHQM (Radio station : Vancouver, B.C.), producing company: Gregson Graham Ltd., producing company: Legacy Sound, producing company: Little Mountain Sound Company Ltd., Vancouver, B.C., producing company: Spot Shop Studio Inc., producing company: Westward Communication Limited, speaker: Thomas Manville Waterland, speaker: John Edgar Webster, composer: Clark Ross Hiles, sponsor: British Columbia. Dept. of Forests. Information Division, sponsor: British Columbia. Forest Service. Information Division, sponsor: British Columbia. Forest Service. Public Information and Education Division, sponsor: British Columbia. Ministry of Forests. Information Division, sponsor: British Columbia. Ministry of Forests. Information Services Branch, sound recording: Telesound Film Recordings Ltd.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- British Columbia. Dept. of Forests. Information Division (Contributor)
- Webster, John Edgar, 1918-1999 (Contributor)
- Waterland, Thomas Manville, 1933- (Contributor)
- Telesound Film Recordings Ltd. (Contributor)
- Spot Shop Studio Inc. (Contributor)
- Little Mountain Sound Company Ltd., Vancouver, B.C. (Contributor)
- Legacy Sound (Contributor)
- Hiles, Clark Ross (Contributor)
- Gregson Graham Ltd. (Contributor)
- CHQM (Radio station : Vancouver, B.C.) (Contributor)
- CHAN (Television station : Burnaby, B.C.) (Contributor)
- British Columbia. Ministry of Forests. Information Services Branch (Contributor)
- British Columbia. Ministry of Forests. Information Division (Contributor)
- British Columbia. Forest Service. Public Information and Education Division (Contributor)
- British Columbia. Forest Service. Information Division (Contributor)
- Westward Communication Limited (Contributor)