Title and statement of responsibility area
Photographs from the Speaker's office
General material designation
- graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the series.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- British Columbia. Legislative Assembly. Office of the Speaker
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
British Columbia. Legislative Assembly. Office of the Speaker
Scope and content
Series consists of photographs taken or acquired by the Office of the Speaker between 1972 and 1976. The photographs in accession 198702-018 consist of both colour and black and white prints of Speaker Gordon Dowding, MLA's David Anderson, Hartley D. Dent, G.H. Anderson, William Hartley, Daisy Webster, Carl Liden, Newell R. Morrison, Peter C. Rolston, Phyllis Young, Roy Cummings, Harvey W. Schroeder, Christopher D'Arcy, Donald F. Lockstead, Dr. G. Scott Wallace, Frank A. Calder, L. Allan Williams, James R. Chabot, Rosemary Brown, Karen Sanford and Hugh A. Curtis, and photographs of the Legislative Assembly and cabinet. Accession 197912-029 consists of a presentation album commemorating the visit to Victoria, British Columbia, in June 1973, by Honourable Indira Gandhi, Prime Minister of India. This album is identical to one presented to Mrs. Gandhi by the Legislative Assembly on that occasion. The photographs of British Columbia are from the Photographic Branch, Dept. of Travel Industry. The ones of India were taken by the Honourable Speaker Gordon Dowding at the time he was in India in January 1973, for parliamentary studies under the Legislative Procedure and Practice Inquiry Act.
Immediate source of acquisition
Transferred from the Office of the Speaker in 1975 (197912-029) and 1986 (198702-018).
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
- These records are subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and access may be restricted. Please contact the BC Archives to determine the access status of these records
- Conservation restriction: material in cool or cold storage is inaccessible.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Copyright belongs to the Government of British Columbia.
No file list available.
No further accruals expected.
Accession number(s): 198702-018; 197912-029
Graphic material may be in cool or cold storage. Contact staff for specific details.
Includes 8 photographs : b&w and 119 photographs : col.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- British Columbia. Legislative Assembly. Office of the Speaker (Creator)
- British Columbia. Legislative Assembly. Office of the Speaker (Subject)
- Anderson, David Alexander, 1937- (Subject)
- Anderson, Gerald Hamilton (Subject)
- Brown, Rosemary (Wedderburn), 1930- (Subject)
- Calder, Frank Arthur, 1915- (Subject)
- Cummings, Roy Thomas (Subject)
- Curtis, Hugh Austin, 1932- (Subject)
- D'Arcy, Christopher Anthony Conyers (Subject)
- Dent, Hartley D. (Subject)
- Dowding, Gordon Hudson (Subject)
- Gandhi, Indira, 1917-1984 (Subject)
- Hartley, William, 1916- (Subject)
- Liden, Carl Oswald, 1929- (Subject)
- Lockstead, Donald Frederick (Subject)
- Morrison, Newell Orrin Ruston, 1924- (Subject)
- Rolston, Peter Carson, 1937- (Subject)
- Sanford, Karen (Subject)
- Schroeder, Harvey Wildred (Subject)
- Williams, Louis Allan, 1922- (Subject)
- Young, Phyllis Florence (Subject)
- Wallace, George Scott, 1929- (Subject)
- Webster, Daisy, 1911- (Subject)
- Chabot, James R., 1927- (Subject)